Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Clear Blue Waters and Adventures Ahead

Friday Lauren, Alix and I Were off to Coramandel Penensula for the weekend! We were staying with Alix's friend's Au Pair's parents! haha simple connection really. Anyhow, we drove down there Friday night and stopped in Thames (Pronounced "Tims" apparently) for pizza and pasta. It was a cute little town that served us well for our meals on the way in and out. After driving on the other side of the road, in the dark and rain, on hands down the most windy, curvey roads I have ever experienced in my entire life... we arrived! Saturday, we were off to the Hot Water Beaches to dig our own little spa pool on the beach, but we missed low tide and thus the hot pools. So off to Cathedral Cove. The view was out of this world- the crystal blue water and the greenest landscape you have ever seen. All the different little coves to visit along the way, and the actual cove/cave is so cool! After that we were off to the Lost Springs for an hour or so which was super relaxing. The guy had a premonition about these underground hot springs and kept digging and digging until he found them! That night we picked up groceries and headed back to make steaks for the first time in NZ!

Sunday was my first poached eggs on toast mmmm :) Then off for our 3ish hour drive home and lunch at this rando pub in Thames. The girls and I went back to Amy and Brett's to chill and watch Man on Fire, Brett and Amy's parents all ended up coming over so it was a full house! All the while Amy and Brett are trying to tear down the wall paper in their house to replace it with paint. Quite the process.

It was an amazing weekend exploring new parts on New Zealand and seeing more and more beautiful things! Its so nice to have these girls to hang out with on the weekend and share our travels together. We are one heck of a team when it comes to getting around :)

Monday Katie and I stayed after school for 2 hours talking about my 2 weeks. It is going to require a LOT of planning, but I am so excited to start a new term, it will really feel like my own classroom for two days. I feel like I have been anticipating this experience of teaching 2 full weeks for so long, and in 2 weeks it is here! So excited to see how it goes!

This Friday I am off to Melbourne and Sydney AUSTRALIA with the girls for a week! Then they are off to Queenstown, NZ for a week of snow and skiing, but I will be returning home to prep for my 2 weeks teaching! yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment