Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Staying in Shape? Ha

Sunday afternoon Alix called me up to go on a walk! We figured out its only like a 15-20 minute walk to each other's houses! She walked to my house, we walked to the beach and then back to her house! It felt so good to have been active all day Saturday, and then go on a nice long walk Sunday night! Monday started my SIXTH week at school! I can't believe I have completed half of my teaching experience thus far. I am now teaching about half the day every day, which is a lot of fun. It is the end of the term so the kids are a bit rowdy, so I am looking forward to starting my full time teaching when we return from our two-week break. Monday after school we had another rehearsal for our teacher dance and we finished it! I think everyone likes it, it is a LOT of fun! :)

That night Amy dropped me off at Alix's and we were off for another walk! It just puts me in the best mood to get up and active in the evenings, otherwise all I want to do is lay around, eat and go tto bed because it gets dark so early.

Yesterday we went shopping after school with Jodi. We got Mexicali for dinner, $3 taco night! It was not like our America-Mexican (kind of an oxymoron) but it was still really good. Thought it was funny that you had to pay $1 for a side of chips, and they give you like 10 chips. It is in these moments I miss obese, abundant America the most. Last night Jodi and I tried out a dance class a teacher at our school takes. It was a lot of fun but they have recently finished choreographing a dance, which they were working on, so for the second half of the class there wasnt much for us to do. But we might take it for the begining of next term. I just need to find something other than walking and running to stay in shape, because obviously that is not working due to my lack of motivation :)'

Today is hump day- Wesnesday! This weekend we are hopefully off to Coramandel Penensula! And then hopefully for our 2 week break I will be off to Australia and Queenstown, NZ with the girls... but we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment