Sunday, August 14, 2011

Home is Where the Heart Is

They say "Home is where the heart is"

If this is true, I now have two homes. I have come to absolutely love this place and my heart lies in so many different places and things in New Zealand. At the same time, being in another country for 3 months, away from family and friends has shown me how blessed I truly am and how much I love about my home in America. These two beautiful places have their unique character, people, and places that have allowed me to fall in love with both. I am sad to leave this one love, yet estatic to finally be back to the other. Life is about change, growing and learning... and I feel I have experienced all of these things in the beautiful country.

Lauren, Alix, Jodi and I ventured into Auckland for Lauren's birthday and their last weekend in NZ! We went to Soul for dinner and had a blast in Auckland at the viaduct that night. Saturday we took the scenic route home, got some chinese takeout and went to Amy and Brett's to hang out. My Mema sent me the BEST care package so we dove into that! Inside were various American packages of muffin mix, brownie mix, cookie mix, cupcake mix, frosting, chocolate chips, sour gummie worms and tons of other stuff!!! We were all estatic and treated ourselves to Velveeta Shell Macaroni and Martha White muffins :) Later we made cupcakes :) We relaxed, had a spa, watched a ton of friends and played Cranium! Alix and Jodi beat us by a hair both times. Bummer. Afterwards we ordered pizza from Pizza hut where their large is litereally just bigger than a personal pan pizza. Fail. Naturally we went out for yet another spa and then came in to bake cookies! haha It was a big day of relaxing and eating and just enjoying New Zealand with our American food, American TV show and American game haha. What's a girl to do?

Alix and Lauren headed out this morning and I had to say bye to them! Next time I see them it will be back in America! Later this afternoon I worked on my application to Cobb County for various teaching positions. I submitted the application and now just have to wait. Who knows what will come of it, but say a little prayer I am able to find some sort of job when I come home!

I did just find out that my portfolio is no longer due when I return home but is due the 18th. (I come home the 24th) So now I am in a predicament to either pay a ton of money to FedEx it in or email in what I have and hope it is enough. It is frustrating that this information was just told to us, but there is not much else I can do about it at this point, so we will see what happens! I just want to get my diploma in August, there is no reason to wait until December to get my degree when I will be done with everything in one week. Whew! We will see what happens!

That is all for now, one week and 2 days until I fly home! Time certainly flies by!

No comments:

Post a Comment