Thursday, August 4, 2011

Plan-Teach-Plan!

The second week of my break was well spent in the sunshine (I actually laid out for a bit)! I did a bit of running, eating and a TON of planning. Alix, Lauren and Caelyn got back from Queenstown Saturday and so of course they came over to hang out at Amy and Brett’s! We laid around, watched a movie and then went over to Alix’s for an amazing dinner! They spent the night with me and Sunday we went out on PJ and Carlene’s boat (Alix’s host parents). We sailed under the Auckland Harbor Bridge and saw someone bungee jump from underneath the bridge!  That afternoon we went to Botany for some shopping and ice cream J
Monday I was back to school for my full control! It is amazing having control of the classroom for an entire day, it flows so well and I feel so much more in tune with what the kids are doing. It is definitely very tiring and takes a lot of work, but it’s so rewarding. We are doing a unit on energy- renewable vs non-renewable resources so this week we focused on wind energy and solar power.
I can’t believe I have completed almost an entire week of my full control and go home in less than 3 weeks! Time is really flown by and I have had such an amazing experience. This was a short post but the past 2 weeks have been all classroom, teaching, students, lesson plans…  J

1 comment:

  1. I am loving reading back through all your posts....what an adventure!

    ReplyDelete